I have launched a new'curated collection' site to allow readers to easily find ALL Smashwords titles which were once print books published by a paper publisher. ANY book which is a backlist title the author is re-releasing is eligible for inclusion, provided it is available on Smashwords OR through a DRM-free vendor.
The best part? I have set up the site so that I don't have to do any of the updating myself! Authors can add their books directly! Do you have an eligible book? Here's how to add it:
1) Launch Smashwords or your vendor site, find the book. Copy the URL.
2) Open a new window; launch Delicious
3) Log in as 'ebacklist' (password is coker2011)
4) Choose the 'save a new bookmark' link in the right margin
5) Paste in your URL and then fill in the title, author and description
6) Add some tags for easy browsing
7) As a thank you, please consider adding my blog to your RSS feed :)
I have added one book to start things off. I hope all self-promo-loving backlist repubbers will go in this week and take 5 minutes to add their stuff. Remember, if it was once published by a publisher, and you have now put out the ebook, and it is DRM-free and ready to read by discerning readers, it is eligible for inclusion, and you don't need to wait on me. Authors can add to this collection any time they want to.
I'll go through once a week and clean up anything that looks messy. If you have any problems, email me and I can help you out.
Review: Working Stiffs by Scott Bell
2 days ago