Saturday, December 26, 2009

Misc: Fanfiction Favourites, Part 1

Fanfiction is an often-overlooked source of reading material easily obtained on-line. A lot of it is pure trash, but some of it is excellent, and can fill in the missing pieces and offer some interesting interpretations of what's gone on in a favorite show. I have saved about two dozen favourites into HTML files to read on the go on my Sony; Calibre converts them easily. Over the next two posts, I'll share my favourites with you. In this post, I'll list the best of the stuff I myself have written. In a subsequent post, I will list favourite stories from others. I welcome comments, once you've seen my style and preferences, for other stories you think I might enjoy...

THE BEST OF 'MASKED-SPANGLER' AT FANFICTION.NET

Since I Found Serenity. BtVS/Firefly cross-over. Buffy and Giles do a little dimension-hopping in search of a missing relic.

Little Ladybug. BtVS. A short one, but one I found very fun. A future Giles tells his daughter the story of how he met her mother.

Littlest Voyagers. Farscape/ST Voyager cross-over. An injured Aeryn and her son get stranded by a wormhole accident, and it's Voyager to the rescue...

All That We Let In. Grey's Anatomy. The epic friendship of Bailey, Addison and Callie is put to the test when a difficult case affects a post-divorce Addison...

Love Wins Every Time. Grey's Anatomy. A vulnerable post-Alex Addison forges a surprising friendship with Preston Burke...

Terminator: The Savannah Chronicles. TSCC. Follows Sarah, Savannah and Ellison post-series. There is an in-progress sequel underway due to popular demand when this one ended :)

No comments: